Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In
Community Search
Calendar

4/29/2017
GWATFL Spring Conference 2017: 4th Annual Spring Immersion Day

4/30/2017
CFP: International Conference on Catalan Literature in English: Translation, Readership and Impact

5/4/2017 » 5/6/2017
XXXV Congreso Internacional de AESLA

5/4/2017 » 5/5/2017
XIII ENCUENTRO DE MORFÓLOGOS (MØRFEMÁLAGA 2Ø17)

Community College Forum
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Placement Testing 2 T. Miller At our learning centers, students must take placement tests in order to access any level higher than the beginner 1. Such tests can be waived by a full time professor after individual examinations. Furthermore, students who had more than two years of the language in high school can be excused from taking the tests. The system had been working fairly well, however, it doesn't prevent advanced students to enroll at lower levels. For Spanish, it hasn't been a serious problem so far, but it has been for other languages especially the ones with a high number of heritage students such as Arabic. We are also relying on advisors' help to address this problem, but we are seeking suggestions on how to solve it. Susanna Williams Macomb Community College, Warren, MI
by S. Williams
Friday, June 19, 2015
Hybrid Classes 3 T. Miller It's about six years that I offer hybrid Spanish courses. So far they are successful, in fact their assessment results reflect the on ground courses ones. However, I request students to be on ground 2 hours per week with an optional third one (that they often take advantage of). I initially was offering them for 12 weeks instead of 16, but I changed it to 16 for students' request. At the beginning, I was using the Instituto Cervantes course (AVE) with great success. However, I had to change it because it was breaking the continuity of the textbook we offer our students for Spanish beginner 1 and 2 and intermediate 1. If it weren't for that, I would be probably still using it.
by S. Williams
Thursday, August 7, 2014
How important is grammar in language instruction? 0 T. Miller TopicHow important is grammar in language instruction?NOTE:To respond on this topic, you must be logged into your AATSP member record.Once you are logged in, click on 'Post Reply' in the upper left hand corner to respond to the topic.For more information write to: AATSPoffice@aatsp.org 
by T. Miller
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Sign In

Latest News